Thursday, June 20, 2013

Making, accepting, and declining an invitation



How to invite some one?
Inviting
Accepting an Invitation
Declining an Invitation
·         Would you like to ....
·         I'd very much like you to ....
·         We should be pleased/delighted if you could ....
·         Would you care to ....
·         You will ... won't you?
·         That's very kind of you.
·         We'd very much like to ....
·         What a delightful idea.
·         With the greatest pleasure.
·         Thank you very much for inviting me.
·         I'm very sorry, I don't think I can.
·         I'd like to, but ....
·         I'm afraid I've already promised ....
·         Thank you for asking me, but ....
·         Unfortunately, I can't
 The first table shows the Formal ways to make an invitation, accepting, and declining invitation.
We may use these models to invite older person or person who has higher level in our environment.

The second table shows the informal ways to invite someone, accepting, and declining invitation.
We may use these models to invite friend or person who is younger.
Inviting
Accepting an Invitation
Declining an Invitation
·         Why don't you come to ....
·         Like to come to ....
·         Come and ....
·         Shall we come to ....
·         You must come to ....
·         I would/will ....
·         That would be very nice.
·         OK!
·         I'd like to love to come.
·         All right (then).
·         Sorry, I can't.
·         I'd love to, but ....
·         I don't think I can.
·         I wish I could, but ....

I also want to show you how to make an appointment.
Making an Appointment
Accepting an Appointment
Cancelling an Appointment
• How about tomorrow morning?
• Let's meet at ... o'clock
• I'll come I promise.
• I'll be there.
• Sorry, I don't think I can make it.
• I'm so sorry I can't make it.

Those three tables show you about an English material for a beginner, you can use these material to fulfill your assignment at school.